I finished the second hat!
I made this one downright huge, after the first one turned out so small. I cast on 112 stitches instead of the 90 called for in the pattern, and changed up the decreases and numbers of stripes as well. Annie got a black pompom, as I had significantly more black yarn left.
To prevent another exploding pompom like on the first hat, I splurged on a Clover pompom maker. It worked quite well, and for the $7 investment, I am totally satisfied.
Hopefully by sharing this next photo, I can discourage Annie from her current favorite photo pose:
I’m afraid we’re only one small step away from her going full Miley…ugh. Well, not really. She’d never be that bad. But I am getting sick of photos of her sticking out her tongue… Ah, the tweenage years.