On my mojo recovery journey, I learned about the do.Good Stitches charity bee, and on impulse, added myself to the waitlist for a spot in a circle. In May, Rachel contacted me to let me know a spot for a stitcher had opened up in the Harmony Circle (which makes quilts for Project Linus), and I said yes. 2 blocks a month seemed manageable…
Of course, the first month, I had a baby quilt to finish and a trip to take… But, just under the wire, I did get my June blocks done (phew). I was pretty amused as the pattern was very very similar to the June Sugar Block Club pattern. The colors were to be “boy”, and the fabrics suitable for an older boy, all on a white background.
Here’s what I ended up with:
Much of the blocks came from my scrap bin, which felt very very good! There’s some Mably, Kaffe, Anna Maria, Michael Miller, and random otherness as well. My fabrics seem like they may be a bit brighter than those in some of the other blocks, but I think it will be okay.
I’m mailing them off first thing in the morning- here’s hoping they fit the bill! And just think, next week it will be July, and time to start all over again.