I have managed to shock myself.
With nearly 48 hours to spare before the shower, I actually got the baby quilt done! Pieced, quilted, bound, washed, dried and photographed.
I just did a super simple crosshatch pattern. I felt like it enhanced the chevrons, and didn’t exceed my skill level. I think it works.
Then I dug through my stash, and found a lovely Michael Miller Fairy Frost that is cora/pink/purple- it works perfectly for the binding. And I had a whole yard, so I still have some left to enjoy later.
The back is sweet. I didn’t bother to piece it at all since the straight yardage was exactly the right width. And I figure a busy quilt back is good for a baby- it will hide stains!
I can’t believe I actually got it done in time.
I’ve mentioned it before, but last year was my Year of No Mojo. I finished exactly zero quilts. Not just zero from start to finish, but zero tops only as well.
So this may look like one tiny, simple baby quilt, but really, it’s major accomplishment.
PS Linked up over at Finish it Up Friday…